Saturday, August 11, 2012

My Office Redo Hits the Big Time

My office redo I wrote about back in July has been picked up by The Office Stylist!! I love their site so being included is super exciting for me! If you love office spaces and supplies and looking at how other people work, you'll love it too.



Here's a little snippet of the interview....

Describe your office space to us.

Clean, classic, clutter-free. Bright and cheery. Definitely multi-purpose!!
Where did the inspiration for your office space design come from?
I love looking at design blogs, Pinterest, magazines, etc. I get a lot of ideas that way. Being that my office is a sunroom turned office/dining room, I carefully selected what went into the room knowing that at night the “office” needed to be put away in time for dinner. Each piece that went into the room had to be either beautiful, inspirational, or super-functional. When I have guests over for dinner, I don’t want them to look over and see a messy desk, so storage was important too. I lucked out because the overhead cabinets were already in place when we moved in. They help tremendously.
What is your favorite part/design of your office space and why?
It’s hard to choose just one. I love that you can turn my desk chair around and it becomes part of the “dining room”. Whether I’m using the chair at my desk or at the dining table, it’s comfortable and visually appealing. Also, the many windows are beautiful and let in so much light. When I am crafting with paper and photographing product, the natural light is perfection.
I also love my word art from Wordle. Looking up at those words inspires me to work even harder. And it’s a super easy way to make art for your desk.
Do you feel that having a well designed and inspiring office has changed the way you and your employees work?
I definitely find myself spending many more hours in my office. If it’s a comfortable space, it’s amazing how time will fly by while you’re working. A comfy chair is sooo important too. This new one is definitely an upgrade from the last. My back is better supported and I don’t feel the need to take as many breaks to walk around. Wherever you get your work done, I believe it has to be comfortable and suitable to your personality and work style. I also think it’s important to be patient and willing to switch things up, it may take a few tries to get it right. Be flexible and willing to reconfigure things if something’s not working. your work done, I believe it has to be comfortable and suitable to your unique personality and work style.
If you could use one word to describe the feel of the office space, what would it be?
Lovely!
Tell us about your company and what it means to you to have a well-designed office space.
DipDaDip Design is a handmade paper goods company that I started after I couldn’t find the kind of hip, stylish, and customizable notebooks I wanted to buy myself. After making them for myself and as gifts for friends, DipDaDip evolved into a full line of handmade paper goods including personalized notebooks, note cards, mini jotters, and journals. Building a small business is a tough and challenging endeavor. Having a workspace that is inviting and motivates me to get some work done is essential! I love what I am doing and now I love the space I do it in too.

Thanks to Sayeh and The Office Stylist team for featuring my office!!


No comments:

Post a Comment