Saturday, June 23, 2012

DIY Necklace Display

So I'm sure you've seen a dozen of these projects on Pinterest going around...but I wasn't completely sold on the versions I had seen out there on the web. I went to a store recently and found something similar that I liked but it was $50 just for some wood and some hangers!!! No thank you!! So I got inspired and made my own.

Here's what I did....


  • I found a gray shadow box at my local craft store and removed the glass from the front of it.
  • Then I took the back out and covered it in a linen fabric I had lying around the house. After I replaced the back, I trimmed around the edges to remove the excess fabric. 
  • Then I bought screw hooks for $2 and screwed them into the wood. This takes a little patience. I recommend starting a pilot hole with a drill and not doing it by hand like I did!! DUMB!!!
  • Last I added my necklaces...and I must say, I love how it turned out!!!



Necklaces as art!!



No comments:

Post a Comment