Friday, May 17, 2013

28 Is Purty Great!


I've always felt that 28 would be a great age for me. I have no clue why. Maybe it's because it seems like a great age to be. You are more established, know who you are, feel more comfortable in your skin. At 28, you are hopefully more mature and grounded, but still have that spark that says, yes, anything is still possible.

Anyway...in the spirit of my 28th year and in the hope that it will be my best year yet, I decided to do something outside the ordinary for me and throw my own birthday party. It wasn't lavish or over the top, just BBQ with family and friends, but it was absolutely wonderful.


We had delicious BBQ from Jeff's in the 'boro. Instead of birthday cake, which I'm not a fan of, we had doughnut cake! I even had candles on top. I think the doughnut cake was a hit with my party peoples. ;)


Even though it rained off and on all day beforehand, we weren't going to let that stop us. We moved everything from our yard to underneath the carport. We made s'mores in the firepit, and just chilled and enjoyed everyone's company. 


I was so pleased with how many people were able to come. It was great! At one point I think we had 25 people outside and inside our tiny little house! 

I made this Polaroid photo prop out of poster board to use through the evening. I wish I had taken more photos but I got so caught up in talking to everyone that I forgot! Here are just a few: 




I couldn't believe how many friends of mine brought me gifts. How generous! My friend, Autumn, brought me these adorable buttons she made. She actually is very close to launching her Etsy shop, B is for Buttons, where she will be selling these little beauties. Cute!


I can't thank everyone enough for their generosity and for coming out to celebrate what will hopefully be my best year yet!!



No comments:

Post a Comment