Saturday, March 16, 2013

Mommy's Minutes





When you have a wee one in your household, you don't always get the time for yourself that you used to. Who am I kidding? You hardly get ANY time! And if you do, it's usually mere minutes. So...what's a gal to do? You gotta eat, right? And maybe freshen up and try not to look like death warmed over... :) Well here are just a few of the products that save me time and make my mommy life a little easier. 



1. CoverGirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Ruby Twist

Red lips are very in right now and if you can find the right shade for your skin tone, a couple swipes can totally brighten your face. Keep one in your car and one in your makeup bag and then maybe you won't look like you had absolutely no sleep last night... 

2. Benefit Cosmetics Fine One One

Same idea here...couple swipes and instant glow. This new product from Benefit has a highlighter, cheek color, and contour color all in one convenient stick. Trust me, when you've got about 10 minutes to do your makeup in the morning, it will become your new best friend. Just swipe across the apple of your cheeks and blend. This is one of my favorite recent purchases! 

3. Apple iPhone 5

Ahhh...what did I do without my iPhone? What did all of us do? From my phone I can check my email, pay bills, check my bank account, and basically run my Etsy shop by uploading new item photos, adding new listings, corresponding with customers, ordering supplies, and basic accounting. Also, I have fun music and games for Luci, and a noise machine app that gets her to sleep in a jiffy! I know everyone is aware of all that an iPhone is capable of doing, but when you're a new mom it is your lifeline to the world!!

4. Chapstick Skin Protectant SPF4 Classic Strawberry

Another beauty favorite...I have 3 or 4 in several places around my house. I love the way it smells and it adds moisture and a slight touch of color.

5. BDG Double Buckle Backpack

This was a Christmas gift from my mom and I have to say it is the best bag I've used in a long time!! Right now it's doubling as a purse and a diaper bag. It's roomy and super convenient because I don't have to struggle with a purse when I'm carrying Luci in her carseat. That is enough to carry on its own! I sling my backpack on my shoulders, grab baby bear, and we're out! And bonus: backpack purses are really trendy right now and can be found almost anywhere.  

6. Nature's Own Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Toasters

When you and baby both wake up in the morning and you're both hungry and grumpy...what are you to do? Feed baby first right? Well yes, but you can at least throw something in the toaster for yourself! I just discovered these right before Luci was born and I'm so glad I did. Made with whole grains, oats, and fruit, and available in Cinnamon Raisin and Cranberry Orange, each toaster contains 4 grams of fiber, 20 grams of whole grains, 160 calories and 1.5 grams of fat. They pop out warm and delicious and are great by themselves or with cream cheese or butter. 

7. Amy's Organic Rice and Bean Burrito

So here's another food item that's quick, delicious, and relatively healthy. My favorite kind is the Cheddar Cheese Bean and Rice Burrito. It's an organic flour tortilla wrapped around organic pinto beans, rice and vegetables in a mild Mexican sauce, with cheddar cheese added. It has 7 grams of fiber, 310 calories, 9 grams of fat, and 15% of your daily Iron which is something I always need more of. 

8. TRESemme FreshStart Dry Shampoo

When I first saw this I thought it was some kind of miracle. If your hair takes forever to dry like mine does, this will  save you SO MUCH TIME! You can freshen up yesterday's hairdo without washing, drying, and styling it all over again. Just spray, wait for it to dry, and brush through hair. It will change your mornings forever!! 

9. Hario Mizudashi Cold Brew Coffee Pot

And last, every mom needs her coffee! And if you don't drink it, you're crazy. You must be taking speed or something... I'm just kidding. So I prefer my coffee iced...and my husband got me this awesome cold brew pot for Christmas. First, you grind your coffee, pour the grounds into the filter, pour water through the grounds, and let it sit overnight. In the morning, you will have delicious iced coffee ready to go! And even better, it makes several cups and will last 2-3 days. So in the morning all you'll have to do is roll out of bed and pour yourself a glass. Now...you can go take on the day!

Well that's my list of things that make my mommy life a little easier. You've got to maximize those minutes however you can! ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment