Sunday, July 22, 2012

Explore. Dream. Discover.

I've been fortunate to travel quite a bit with my husband this year and I thought I'd share some of our recent trips abroad. It's always fun to look back at photos and remember where you were, what you were doing, and the memories you made!!

So here's a little photo-journal of our recent trips to Holland and our Canadian/New England cruise....I've also included some of my favorite quotes on travel.

Quebec City, Quebec




“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
 Mark Twain







Halifax, Nova Scotia



"Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind." -Seneca 

Bar Harbor, Maine


Public park right next to the harbor.

Beautiful outdoor cafe in front of an old inn.

The harbor with our ship in the distance. 


Boston, Massachusetts 

My husband and I have been to Boston before and fell in love with the whole city. I've previously blogged about Boston and posted photos from our first trip. This time, because we had done a lot of the main attractions already, we were able to discover more places "off the beaten path." This included The Brattle Book Shop: it's one of the oldest rare and used book stores in America. They also have an outdoor bargain section, which is pictured below. So fun...I could have spent hours in there.






Like on our last trip to Boston, we were able to attend a Red Sox game again!! If you're ever in Boston and have the opportunity to attend a game, I highly recommend it!! The energy is so awesome and the fans are so enthusiastic. It's probably the quintessential Boston experience...well besides, maybe, The Freedom Trail. :) And just a tip: you can get a good deal on tickets at Stub Hub.

A few from our seats. 

Once again we became regulars at our favorite coffee shop in Boston, The Thinking Cup. They have the best pastries, serve Stumptown Coffee, and make the best iced coffee I've ever had in my life. The secret I hear is a cold brew method that's similar to steeping tea. Thinking Cup also has some pretty great offerings for breakfast including breakfast burritos with black beans, arugula, caramelized onions, and cheese. Pictured below is the first brioche I've ever had. And I must say, it was pretty delightful!!



Holland


Our B&B in Leiden. 

Outdoor book shop in Amsterdam. 

I thought these chairs outside an antique shop in Amsterdam were very cool. 

Anne Frank statue down the street from The Anne Frank House and Museum. 

Beautiful buildings along the canal. 



“Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard







No comments:

Post a Comment