Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things

Like a special recipe or a cleaning tip, people like sharing things that bring them joy. Well, I like to share the products that make me happy and keep me coming back for more. It's always great when you find something that works for you and leaves you thinking, "Hey, I'm really glad I bought that," instead of "What a waste of money!"

So here is just a sampling of some of my favorite things. Feel free to leave a list of your favorite things in the comments below...I would love to read them and possibly try them out.

Bare Escentuals Foundation



I've been using this foundation for as long as I can remember. I think it's going on 8 or 9 years. It's so gentle and if you have sensitive skin like I do, it is a lifesaver. It looks natural, but covers and conceals, and has SPF 15 to protect you from the sun. I've tried other versions of mineral foundation, but nothing is quite the same as Bare Escentuals. I love it!!



Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Polish


I hate painting my nails! However, I love having them done once I'm finished so I was ecstatic when I finally came across a nail polish that makes the whole process much easier. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri is the fastest drying nail polish I have ever used, hands down!! It's nuts. Takes about 5-10 minutes tops! And even better is the awesome tapered brush that it comes with. It makes painting the natural curve of your nail so much easier. Say goodbye to those blunt, straight-across brushes! They are too much of a pain! My current favorite colors are Mint Sprint, Slick Slate, and Tealy Fast.


   




Gold Bond Deep Moisture Body Wash with Shea Butter



When you think of Gold Bond you probably think of nasty feet, powder, and old people. Haha. But think again! This body wash smells so deliciously fresh and leaves the skin feeling so moisturized. I have the driest alligator skin on the planet and it has done wonders for my skin!! Trust me, I've tried them all. You'll love how your bathroom smells after you use this in the shower, too!!



Longchamp Le Pliage Tote Bag in Large



Alright, before you go and look this up and see the price and croak, let me just say that I got mine on ebay for a very reasonable price!! So do some looking before you pay full retail for this bag. I love it a lot, but I'm not the type of gal to drop that much money on a tote bag! Ha. However, I love this bag so much I am often tempted to go buy it in another color. You can carry everything in this bag and it really adds a classy touch to any outfit. Use it as a purse, a school bag, or an overnight bag. It is extremely versatile. It folds up origami style and snaps tight to store away as an extra bag when you travel, too. Also, its easy to clean with a little soap and water. I can't say enough good things about this bag. Oh, and the bags are still manufactured in Paris where the company was founded in 1948. 



Gap 1969 Always Skinny Jeans



Being that I am 8 months pregnant as I write this, I am desperately longing for the day that I can fit back into these jeans!! Ha. It will happen...eventually. Anyway...after buying multiple pairs of these, I have to say that compared to what you could pay for a really high end pair of jeans, these are super affordable and totally worth the $69.50 you will shell out for them. The amount of wear you will get out of these jeans makes the price totally worth it. Mine have survived wash after wash while still keeping their shape and color and maintaining their snug support!! Ahhh...oh skinny jeans, how I miss thee. ;)


Well, that's a start. What are a few of your favorite things? 




No comments:

Post a Comment