Monday, September 17, 2012

Shower Power!

I can't even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed the baby shower that my mom and sister threw for me this past weekend!! I was overjoyed by the number of people that were able to attend and overwhelmed by their love and generosity. I can't believe the haul I took home!! It was unbelievable!! My husband and I were like kids at Christmas when we could finally take a moment to survey all the wonderful things we received.

And the food was amazing!! The shower was held during brunch hours so there was a mix of breakfast and lunch items: warm chicken salad, ham and swiss croissants, breakfast casserole, fruit, poppyseed bread, chocolate chip muffins, chicken salad (with grapes!!) croissants, and apple walnut pastries. For drinks we had coffee, pink lemonade, and citrus grove punch (a mix of grapefruit, lime, and orange juices with ginger ale). DEE-LIGHTFUL!!!



The beautiful wreath that was hanging on my mom's front door for the shower.



My mom's lovely home. 



The food!


Our cake, from Julia's Bakery in Murfreesboro. People kept asking, "Where did you get that cake?"



Lovely little things!


We did it!! The watermelon baby!!

We played silly games, ate, and then my mom pulled out the Baby Blessings!! Each person in the room got a blessing with a scripture to read for the new baby. I highly recommend this if you have a baby shower you are throwing for someone, but be forewarned: you need to have lots of tissues on hand!!!! I was a blubbering mess, but really felt touched and uplifted by my sweet friends and family reading these beautiful blessings for little Luci!

I am so grateful to everyone that helped and all those who were there to make it so special for me!! 



Baby blessings!



The Sweet Bar!!







Thanks again everyone!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment